Today I wanted to share with you my Non-Fiction Book Report that is aligned to the Common Core! I am currently using this book report with my 3rd graders, and I can't wait to see the results!
- A letter to the parents with sign & return form
- Detailed directions to send home
- "My Non-Fiction Book Report" packet
- Grading Rubric
- CCSS Alignment for grades 2, 3, & 4!
Here is how it aligns to the CCSS:
- Read a non-fiction book of their choice.
- Identify the main topic and interesting details.
- Identify and find non-fiction text features (captions, glossary, index, etc.)
- Provide their opinions and prior knowledge of the topic.
- Create a mini-poster to represent the information presented in their non-fiction book.
Head on over to my TPT Store or my TeachersNotebook Store to check it out! =)
Happy teaching, everyone!